What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greygoose_ipad said:
You should be able to print anything from your iPad if your printer is wireless . I was good to go until I hard wired.

Greygoose

You don't use your router anymore?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greygoose_ipad said:
I do use my router. But can't print from my iPad anymore because it's no longer "wireless".

Greygoose

Ooooooooo!!!! I assume every router is wireless these days.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Greygoose_ipad said:
Ay yi yi.

So just so everyone knows, you cannot print from your iPad if you've got your wireless printer connected directly to your router through USB . It works fine if you stay wireless , but once you go direct, you head into "no worky land" from the iPad.

Greygoose

If the PC runs Google Chrome and you enable cloud printing you can actually print your Google Docs from the iPad on each printer however connected to the PC (on, Chrome open) - you can also print when PC is offline, then the job will be executed next time chrome is opened.

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get around this situation, I bought an Hp printer that offers eprint technology. It's basically a website that you can send your emails to and I reroutes the attachment to your printer. So now I just email documents from the iPad to the site and they print on my printer. That allows me to keep my printer directly connected to my router but still enjoy the printing from my iPad .

Just another way to "skin this cat"......

Greygoose

Most reactions

Latest posts