What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer for ipad

giyamo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I Would like to know which printer you are using along with your iPad ?
B'cz i have an iPad which i was bought one month ago from my nearest market but i wanted to buy a new printer b'cz lot of printing work going on in my office ,
And surfing over net and came across form here to detaild info
iPad Printer and Printer Apps

So if anyone using it with your iPad please suggest best one that suit with iPAd.

So which printer should i buy ?

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having looked at your article you linked, I was amazed that there are printer programs for the Ipad. I just assumed that you could not print from it. Anyways make sure before you spend 10.00 for the printer app that the printer you purchase is listed on the apps site for support. Also please note that in the article it states that you an only print photos, web pages and contacts. No documents or presentations are printable using these apps.

Last edited:

Nakubal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is it that Apple does not feel like people would need to print from an iPad? With the common advent of shared and networked printers this seems like sheer folly. There is literally zero support from Apple for it that I have seen.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About a month ago Steve said it ws coming this fall.

The new HP printers seem to be a good deal for some as you can easily print from them using the iPad. I like Cannon and hope to see a competive product soon.

linlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can email the document to yourself, then print it from a computer with a printer.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can email the document to yourself, then print it from a computer with a printer.

Agreed. But I think the angst is that the iPad is a computer and should be able to print all on its own.

I haven't had a need yet, but I guess I can see where others might. I try to print as little as possible.

Chris

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agreed. But I think the angst is that the iPad is a computer and should be able to print all on its own.

I haven't had a need yet, but I guess I can see where others might. I try to print as little as possible.

Chris

I'm using the Canon MX series WIFI printer, and there is an iphone apps (Easy Photoprint for iphone) for it, its prints very well using WIFI. I loaded that to my ipad and it too prints well..
The only problem is its only works with Canon MX series...

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HP Photosmart Plus B110e printer $149 for iPad

The urgent need to print some important documents while away from home or office, or while enjoying a holiday is nowhere less than an uphill struggle. Well, with the latest offering, users can now easily satisfy their printing needs with access to a printer even when they’re miles away from it. At an event held in Mumbai today, Hewlett-Packard India doffed the covers of its printer embedded with a revolutionary ePrint technology, the Photosmart Plus eAll-in-One B110e.

The B110e can seamlessly print, copy or scan print lab-quality photos, everyday documents, and creative projects, thereby making it ideal for business and personal reasons. The device has the capability of PC-less printing while users can email documents to the email address assigned to every printer. ePrint Center can now be accessed by users to instantly receive updates according to their preferences, configure their devices, track ePrint jobs, and browse or suggest new print apps.

“HP is first in the league to have introduced the web-empowered, cloud-enabled printing in India. Our consumers today demand for technology that allows them access to internet on the move, and as the leader in the consumer printing segment, HP continues to innovate to give consumers the freedom to access content, and print from anywhere without a PC,†shared Rajkumar Rishi, Director, Inkjet & Web Solutions, Imaging & Printing Group, HP India.

Also present at the Photosmart Plus eAll-in-One B110e launch was a well-known fashion photographer, Vikram Bawa. The company demonstrated the printer’s capabilities of printing via an HP cloud through an email. Folks at our end emailed us some documents on the demo printer’s HP email address through their smartphones. The documents were printed all aligned in the same order with a clear printing finish.
HP also offers HP iPrint Photo, a photo printing application which is accessible through smartphones. This app is available on various smartphone platforms including Apple’s App Store on iPhone and iPod touch, Windows Mobile via the Windows Marketplace store, Symbian via the Nokia Ovi store, and Android via the Android Market. The pocket-friendly printer is designed to be eco-conscious and consumes 30 percent less power than standard models.

The device also employs a 3.5-inch HP TouchSmart screen which lets users access various printing applications and enables easy printing. This TouchSmart screen allows users to rotate, crop, adjust brightness, and apply color effects before printing. Users can also create photobooks, albums, calendars and much more by using HP Photo Creations software or Snapfish by HP.

Users are given the freedom to send emails, everyday documents, and photos to their B110e printer from any mobile device, encompassing HP iPAQ, BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and notebook PC. The device renders users to print fun and useful templates like calendars and notebook paper too.

The B110e by HP boasts of print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute (black) and up to 30 ppm (color) in addition to printing 4 x 6 inch photos within 16 seconds. It is said to print three times more black printed pages and 2.5 times more color printed pages when using optional high-capacity cartridges. The device measures 17.8-inches x 15.8-inches x 7.8-inches and tips the scale at 16.4 lbs. This stylish printing device is dressed in black and blends into any office or home ambiance easily. Tech specs of the HP offering include wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity and support for Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2) or higher.

Users can snap up the HP Photosmart Plus B110e printer in India for Rs. 7,570. The company commits to reduce packaging waste by shipping this device in a reusable bag.

386-HPPhotosmartPluseAllinOne.jpg
The HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One is an inkjet MFP that prints, scans and copies. In addition, it features ePrint, which enables you to print from email-enabled mobile devices by sending the job to the printer’s own email address. Users can share the printer over a network via Wi-Fi.

The 3.5†Touchsmart screen enables you to edit photos and navigate HP’s full range of PC-free ePrint web apps. Look for the HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One to come out sometime in August at an MSRP of $149. A full product page and more info on specs should be out by then.
Printer Specifications:
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Fact Sheet, Press Release
specs_table_01.gif
spc.gif
At a Glance:
Inkjet MFP (print/scan/copy) best for home or small office.
MSRP:
$149

Recommended Paper:
LD Heavy Coated Matte Inkjet Paper (8.5â€X11â€)
LD Premium Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper (4â€X6â€)
Ink Cartridges:
HP 564XL High Yield Black (CB321WN), HP 564XL High Yield Photo Black (CB322WN), HP 564XL High Yield Cyan (CB323WN), HP 564XL High Yield Magenta (CB324WN), HP 564XL High Yield Yellow (CB325WN)
spc.gif

Notable Features:

Print/scan/copy, cloud printing via HP ePrint (printer has own email address), 3.5†Touchsmart screen, PC-free ePrint web apps, Wi-Fi, automatic photo tray
Max Printing Speed:
up to 30 pages/min (COLOR)
up to 32 pages/min (B/W), 16 seconds per 4â€x6â€
Resolution:
1200×1200 dpi (optical scan)
Cartridge Yield:
Based on ISO/IEC 24711: 800 pages (HP 564XL High Yield Black (CB321WN)), 290 4â€x6†photos (HP 564XL High Yield Photo Black (CB322WN)), 750 pages (HP 564XL High Yield Cyan (CB323WN), HP 564XL High Yield Magenta (CB324WN), HP 564XL High Yield Yellow (CB325WN) each)
Paper Capacity:
N/A
Cost Per Page (OEM):
4.4 cents per page (HP 564XL Black), 11.6 cents per page (HP 564XL Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow)
Cost Per Page (Compatible):
2.4 cents per page (HP 564XL Black), 6.4 cents per page (HP 564XL Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow)
Connectivity:
USB, Wi-Fi
Compatibility:
Mac and Windows
Max Media Size:
N/A
Dimensions:
17.8â€x15.8â€x7.8â€
Weight:
16.4 lbs.

Most reactions

Latest posts