What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preserving app and folder configuration

dakili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
How do I preserve the location and order of my apps and folders on the iPad after sync ing with the computer? Everything on my ipod screen seems to jump all over the place after syncing and folders disapear. Where is the setting for preventing that from happening? Thanks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dakili said:
Hi
How do I preserve the location and order of my apps and folders on the iPad after sync ing with the computer? Everything on my ipod screen seems to jump all over the place after syncing and folders disapear. Where is the setting for preventing that from happening? Thanks.

It shouldn't do that. Have you tried the reset yet? Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds then hold the power button down until the Apple logo appears. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure? You say the folders disappear? If you could tell us exactly what happens maybe someone could be able to give exact help to you.

There is no setting that I know of, it is set up when you are in the device page when you have synched and you move the folders and apps in there or when on your iPod/iPad? And you hold the icon until it wiggles and then place the app on top of another app icon which you want to put together in a folder.

Sorry if this doesn't help but there is always someone else right behind me.

Welcome by the way!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this happened to me when i sync my ipad after reinsataling itunes.

Most reactions