What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentations

hubbabubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm still learning and enjoying my newly acquired and now jailbroken ipad.

I'd like to use it for presentations that will have the ipad connected to a projector.

I'm thinking that I'll use DisplayOut, and the VGA cable to get things going.
What app do you think is best to use: Keynote?

Once the ipad is connected, is it possible to use an external clicker to move from slide to slide? I'd rather not have to touch the ipad during the presentation, or even worse, carry it around while moving during the presentation.

I'm thinking of having the bluetooth keyboard and either mouse or trackpad connected as well.

Would the trackpad be able to be moved at a distance and used as a clicker?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for your help!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what I use. You dont need display out since keynote has the VGA connector support natively. I use a bluetooth mouse with BTStack Mouse and just carry it around with me as I walk and talk. Just cluck the mouse button to advance slides. Easy!

I don't know if you can use a keyboard to advance slides. But I would much rather carry a small mouse than a keyboard. And it will save your rep too. People will think you are crazy if you carry a keyboard.

OP
H

hubbabubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree about carrying around a keyboard being silly!!

I was planning to have the keyboard set up in front of the ipad, just in case I had to type something quickly.

I was thinking a mouse too - which do you use? How is the range or do you have to stand right next to the ipad?

Have you considered one of those clickers with the laser pointer? That may be perfect!

Thanks!

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The clickers will not work with the iPad.
And any Bluetooth mouse will do. The range is usually 30 feet but it goes a bit more than that.

Most reactions