What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lead with VGA and USB !!

andyhind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am new to the Ipad and was trying to find out whether I can get a lead with both a VGA connection and USB connection. I am an educational consultant and do alot of training. I intend to use the Ipad for the presentations but also want to move slides on as I move around the room. I know I connect to a projector but also want to use a 'clicker' ....... Or is there another solution?
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am new to the Ipad and was trying to find out whether I can get a lead with both a VGA connection and USB connection. I am an educational consultant and do alot of training. I intend to use the Ipad for the presentations but also want to move slides on as I move around the room. I know I connect to a projector but also want to use a 'clicker' ....... Or is there another solution?
Thanks

When you say you want to use a 'clicker' what application are you hoping to use on the iPad that would accept input from such a device? I'm not aware of any - the iPad's USB connection has limited capabilities.

Tim

OP
A

andyhind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
I use a Kensington romote control for my powerpoint presentations. This has a USB that is inserted into my laptop and enables me to move around whilst presenting

Reaction score
The setup with VGA is not a good solution, even if you were to find a USB device cable of turning slides.

Currently, the only adapter with two outlets is the HDMI adapter, which let's you connect HDMI as well as USB. But you need to convert HDMI to VGA, again there is no direct cable, so in the end, you would need:
-30pin->HDMI&USB (cable)
-HDMI->DVI (cable)
-DVI->VGA (cable)

A better solution would be to use 2 iOS devices, connect one to the projector via VGA and stream the screen of the other device to the one connected to the projector. That way you could change slides on the device you hold in your hands and the screen simply gets mirrored.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
I use a Kensington romote control for my powerpoint presentations. This has a USB that is inserted into my laptop and enables me to move around whilst presenting

The difficulty, is that this device will not work with the iPad. DontUnderstandMyIpad has made some good suggestions, though. One way would be to use a remote desktop onto a PC which you could control from your iPad. You could wander around the lecture theatre and change the slides on your PC from the touch screen interface of the iPad using remote desktop software such as Splashtop - they do a free 'try before you buy' version.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts