What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepaid carrier for US iPad in the UK?

Reaction score
Are there any UK carriers that sell prepaid micro-sims for iPads? I'll be traveling to England later this year, and would like to be able to use 3G service if possible.

Also... Is it possible to put another carrier's micro-sim into my iPad without having to connect it to a computer?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get Pay As You Go micro sims for the iPad, the 3 network seems very popular. They also do a mifi unit which you can connect up to 5 devices to.

The Archangel

OP
T
Reaction score
Awesome... so any prepaid micro-sim for a UK carrier w/ a data allotment on it should work, from my understanding. Thanks!

Ric Clarke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ricclarke.zenfolio.com
Hi, I'm presently on holiday in London and was able to purchase a prepaid sim card from T-Moble UK. No problems. In fact using it right now. The hotel wanted £1 per hour or £7.50 per day for wifi but the sim card and 1gig (for 1 month) cost £15. I was only able to get a cash plan because I didn't have a UK card but that works out great for me. With the card plan, if you go over 1gig, additional rates apply. With the cash plan, when you reach 1gig, the card simply stops working although you can top it up with cash. The T-Moble store was in a Mall.

Most reactions

Latest posts