What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre paid sim for I Pad in Germany

madcash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to Berlin next week. I need a pre paid sim for my data for a week. Any suggestion on which is the best option as far as provider and locations where to buy the card?

Thanks for the support.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please post in the correct section of the forum. Your enquiry is not a News submission.

Moving it to Carriers...

Reef_Shark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to Berlin next week. I need a pre paid sim for my data for a week. Any suggestion on which is the best option as far as provider and locations where to buy the card?

Thanks for the support.

How much traffic do you approximately need?

If you can get by with 500MB, I would recommend Fonic (sorry, as a newbie i can't post links...),
since it's available locally at a local drugstore chain, called DM. There you can buy the SIM.
If it's not too old stock it should already be a Micro-Sim. The Card itself costs 9,95€ and the 500MB
package also costs 9,95€ and is good for a whole month. But it either comes preloaded with 10€ credit
or the 500MB package free for a month anyway, so you're good to go from the start either way.
And it's actually a flatrate, meaning after 500MB of full 3G speed you still will be able to connect,
though only with 64Kbit per second...

If you need more full speed traffic, there's another option, available at a supermarket called LIDL,
where you get 5GB of full 3GB speed for only 14,99€. They don't have a Micro-Sim though, so you have
to cut it down to size. The card itself costs 9,95€ as well, but it's already preloaded with a credit of 10€ ;)

Both of these use o2 as their carrier, and both have to be activated online.
The data package then is ordered via SMS, so you need a mobile phone for that.

Last edited:
OP
M

madcash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reef_Shark said:
How much traffic do you approximately need?

I will need 1 gb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reef_Shark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with that might be that although there are options for 1GB with different providers as well, they either are not worth it (using eplus as their carrier, bad bad bad for data......) or not available in store and would have to be ordered online.

So the cheapest and most convenient option would be the fonic sim, since for about 10€ you're not only getting the sim but also the flatrate for one month.

Most reactions