What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Support Anti-Glare Rant (PLEASE HELP!)

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the caps in the title, but I'm so upset I don't know what to do.

I've just literally WASTED $60 on these screen protectors.

They start to go on fine, but they are dust MAGNETS! The first one was kinda ok, but I had some dust I couldn't get from the center. So I tried the tape trick, and it only made it worse.

Second one, same EXACT thing. Out of the package, full of dust. As soon as you peel it a little bit from the backing, it clings to it like glue...and you can't get it off.

I'm desperate now, and I've read only bad reviews for the Zagg Anti-Glare...it apparently shows a "staticy" look to it.

I'm really wanting an anti-glare, but I obviously cannot install it myself.

No other company that I know of installs aside from Zagg.

Please assist ASAP! My iPad is naked right now, and I really don't like that.

I've never had an issue installing Power Support films to my iPod touch before, and I know the iPad is a challenge, but I just can't seem to catch a break!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are you installing them? I have found you need to be in a VERY clean area. I use several microfiber cloths to keep all the dust away when I install them.

OP
T

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna wash one of them, and attempt a wet install. Nothing to lose, lol.

I'm doing it in my dining room, but apparently its shitty...

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you end up tossing the shields you have, try a Moshi AG iVisor. No dust, no bubbles, five second install. I wish they made those for the Ipod Touch as well.

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try installing in the bathroom. Let shower run and the steam will get settle the dust, then install.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
60 dollars?!?!

you should look into invisguard or bodyguardz...

they have lifetime replacements, so if you mess up just contact them and you can get a new one, for much cheaper prices.

you still have to pay shipping, but it's better than buying a whole new one.

i've only heard good things about bodyguardz, i'll be purchasing it soon because i like my apple devices naked, but i also want protection for it.

edit- not sure if they carry anti-glare.

i looked into the mosh ag visor, they look great, but i can't seem to find any videos on them with the ipad.

Last edited:

Speedster00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Best Skins Ever .com Not anti glare, but awesome skins. I have them on a few items. $18 for the IPAD one.

Gary W. Graley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the one poster, try to install it in the bathroom after someone showers
I did that with very good sucess and the anti glare works nice with those, I'd not
use anything else on mine. I'd email Power Support and see if they can help you
find a location that might install it for you??

G2

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worst case scenario, take it to a sign shop? I used to own one and we used to install signs/vinyl, vehicle graphics and electronics wraps and screens. I do all my installs and those of my friends/co-workers/classmates, etc. Pretty basic and easy but you have to make sure to be careful. *shrug* it's easier for some people than others...

Rokr

Not saying anything about those who have trouble... most of my friends can't seem to get any graphics on lint/bubble free.

OP
T

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice guys. I'm looking into the Moshi AG, and may use that next.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One other thing to consider - get a really cheap screen protector (a buck or 2) and use that solely for the purpose of getting all the microscopic lint off the screen just prior to putting the Power Support screen on. That is the method that they use for the iPhone and it works great. Also, a non-dusty environment is a must - and since we don't typically have access to clean rooms, the shower area works pretty good - get rid of the rugs, towels, etc so static electricity is no around as well...

XERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine from eBay, pretty cheap. Actually got a 2 pack because the first one I attempted that came with my silicone sleeve got ruined. Watched some you tube vids on how to apply after and had great success with my new one. Took some patients, used the tape trick, and came out almost perfect. Only got about 3 bubbles, but it's on the boarder so I don't care. It's anti glare, and the screen does look a little grainy, but it cuts the glare good. I did mine on the dining room table, but made sure I dusted it well and had the fan off. Radio Shack might be able to install it for you. I know I spoke to one manager about the protectors and she said they do install for free if bought from them.

Most reactions

Latest posts