What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power button issue

Guyster1973uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks I recently upgraded my 1st generation iPad up to 4th gen iPad and I have noticed when i push the power button to lock the iPad there is a slight noise like a sweet wrapper coming from the button . I've also noticed the noise when if I gently wiggle the power button(of which there's also some play in the button).has anyone else come across this? Is this a common fault? Or should I take into my nearest apple store?

Kind regards
Guy

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks I recently upgraded my 1st generation iPad up to 4th gen iPad and I have noticed when i push the power button to lock the iPad there is a slight noise like a sweet wrapper coming from the button . I've also noticed the noise when if I gently wiggle the power button(of which there's also some play in the button).has anyone else come across this? Is this a common fault? Or should I take into my nearest apple store?

Kind regards
Guy

Are you saying the noise is different from the noise the iPad normally makes when you press the sleep button? Cause it kinda does sound like a candy wrapper kind of click...

If it's not that sound, then yes, I would take it to the Apple store. Cause the only sound you should hear IS the click made when you put the iPad to sleep.

Marilyn

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Kind regards
Guy
Welcome to iPF and hope you have a nice time here. The sound happens while locking. You can compare the sound by seeing a video of unlocking iPhone/pad on the internet

OP
G

Guyster1973uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's a bit of a strange one I never heard that sound once from my 1st generation iPad all u ever heard was a click from button and a click from speaker to let u know it's locked. I have heard of similar probs with the iPhone 5

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah it's a bit of a strange one I never heard that sound once from my 1st generation iPad all u ever heard was a click from button and a click from speaker to let u know it's locked. I have heard of similar probs with the iPhone 5
Hmmmm...... Take it to the nearest Apple store and show it to them, they might be able to assist you. I don't think anyone has experienced this problem before this.

Most reactions

Latest posts