What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power and Volume cable repair

deromerohd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just completed a power and Volume cable repair on my Ipad 2 and all I get is a black screen. I pad doesn't seem to power up. Has anybody had this issue when repairing their Ipad?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just completed a power and Volume cable repair on my Ipad 2 and all I get is a black screen. I pad doesn't seem to power up. Has anybody had this issue when repairing their Ipad?

Hello deromerohd, I'm transferring your thread to the iPad DIY sub-forum, where you are more likely to receive a response to your issue.
Regards, Andrew

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried a reset of your iPad? Just wanted to see if this would work for you.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. This could take anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds, so be patient.

If not, then there would appear to be a problem elsewhere, but give it a go and let us know how you go.

JayMcBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Careful about loading your iPad un-supervised with a potentially broken cable, though!
It might catch fire..

Cheers,
Jan

Most reactions

Latest posts