What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting new thread

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings. I see Reply to threads, but can't see where to start a new thread. I am new to this. O
I am posting from the welcome message screen via SAFARI. I have the IFORUM App as well.:eek:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the website interface showing where to start a new thread. Tap the thumbnail pic to view it full screen.

image-589786665.jpg

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

Hopefully the screenshot by KevinJS gets you on the right track :)...

WestleyTwain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
smalltowngirl13 said:
Hello and welcome!

Hopefully the screenshot by KevinJS gets you on the right track :)...

Is there any way to start a thread from the app without going to the actual website?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
WestleyTwain said:
Is there any way to start a thread from the app without going to the actual website?

Of course!
You have to be in the correct Forum (on the bottom the left-most button). Then you tap the "share" button (zop right) and a "new thread" button appears.

However, don't forget to search first if it will be necessary to start a new thread!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Go to the action button that you used to reply to this thread, but do it from the thread list you'll find in the Forums tab. You'll find that the reply button has changed to a start new thread button.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

WestleyTwain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Yes. Go to the action button that you used to reply to this thread, but do it from the thread list you'll find in the Forums tab. You'll find that the reply button has changed to a start new thread button.

Thanks! Ignore the pics, btw...

Attachments

• image-3571379707.jpg
    image-3571379707.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 204
  • image-3325520050.jpg
    image-3325520050.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
KevinJS said:

Looks like he did not use the action button to reply, as he replied with "quote".

There is the action button:

image-1207649038.jpg

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

(EDIT: Took me too much time to have it skitched and so on...)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to select a discussion from the list in your screenshot. Then you'll get the new thread button. Just start a thread in off topic. If you want me to I can delete it after you've finished practicing.

Last edited:

Most reactions