What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to share iPad apps between my and my Bro?

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to share Ipads apps between my brother's iPad and mine. I have purchased some apps and he had purchased other types, but it would be great if we could share some of our purchased apps within our family.

I just want us to be able to sync our iPads to share some of the apps, but we worry that when we hook up our iPads to sync with the iTunes software on the computer, our personal info together with the apps will also be synced and transfered over to the other's iPad....this we do not want happen.

Is this possible? How do we only transfer only the apps and not have the software automatically sync other personal data? Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only downside to sharing apps is that you need his Apple ID and password to update the apps attached to his account. And he will also need your info.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is most easily done when your "family" uses a common iTunes account.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Apple allow apps to be shared by up to 5 devices. An easy way to do this is to simply log out of your iTunes account in 'Settings', 'Store' and then log in to your brother's account and download the apps again. Then you can switch back to your account.

Look here too

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/5368-managing-apps-between-two-ipads.html

Tim

I believe the 5 devices only refers to computers sharing an iTunes account. I have a iPod video, iPhone 2g, 2 iPhone 3g's, 2 iPhone 4's, & 2 iPads all with the same user accounts and all synch to same iTunes account and share music, apps, etc. I don't believe the limit applies to iOS devices.

Most reactions