What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say I use it in portait mode most of the time as using it in landscape does not feel right for some reason

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised at all the landscape users. I am pretty much always in portrait mode, but now you guys have me wondering if I a missing something by not using landscape. Hmmmm, guess I will have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised at all the landscape users. I am pretty much always in portrait mode, but now you guys have me wondering if I a missing something by not using landscape. Hmmmm, guess I will have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I find it e aside because I use the case to prop up the iPad and it makes browsing and typing easier

travelor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer landscape when working using an iPad.
unless I need to check detail on potrait image.

Sent from LutFi's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
99% of the time it's in landscape view , because of the leather case it's in....

Although portrait shows more depth in safari it's just easier for me :

image-2868231206.jpg

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape all the way!

I have big hands so Landscape just feels right to me. But I've talked to several people on Twitter who prefer Portrait. I've had three iPads so far and have never used portrait unless I absolutely had too.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lock my iPF app in portrait mode.

Otherwise most other apps except safari, I like better in landscape mode.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

D

Deleted member 247820

When doing a lot of typing, portrait is good because the keyboard not spread, thus less hand movement!

Mitchell.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As with most people it seems I always use portrait mode for reading books and comics, and landscape for basically everything else. Although since moving to a retina ipad I found I like reading webpages in portrait mode from time to time; it lets you see more content at once and you don't need to zoom in because of the ridiculous clarity. Though on some sites it can be a strain to read text.

It seems like landscape is the prevailing orientation though, hence the majority of cases/covers propping the ipad up in landscape.

Most reactions

Latest posts