What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portable Wifi

skipsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

can anyone help with Portable wifi devices?

which is best? how much it costs PCM etc.

cheers Karl.

iJD3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently got a mi-fi device from Vodafone £49.99 for the device + a rolling contract of 1gb, 2gb or 5gb upto £21 a month for 5gb. Personally I've found the iPad chews through data :( so this for me hasn't been good. But it may be good for you. And if it isn't you have a 7 day returns policy to get the £49.99 back.

welly8811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit of a costly suggestion unless you already own one, buy an iPhone 4/s and just use personal hotspot on it thus you are using your phones Internet plan usually unlimited or fair usage policy of course but it is good and it's reasonably fast.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a bit of a costly suggestion unless you already own one, buy an iPhone 4/s and just use personal hotspot on it thus you are using your phones Internet plan usually unlimited or fair usage policy of course but it is good and it's reasonably fast.

Or just buy an Android phone, they have wi-fi hotspot as well and are a damn sight cheaper to buy

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skipsey said:
Hi All,

can anyone help with Portable wifi devices?

which is best? how much it costs PCM etc.

cheers Karl.

This would, as others have suggested, depend on any mobile phone you have as the latest Androids, iPhones and BlackBerrys have personal hotspot options, so if you have a decent data package that way, your phone is an option.

I've had a 3 Mi-fi device for 2 years, which I did use with my iPad, but only as I had it on a contract prior to buying an iPad. It was very good for using and played videos no problem, even considering it was one of the earliest mi-fi devices available!

I'm no longer using this as my new BlackBerry has software v7.1 has the new hotspot option.

I guess you need to consider whether you can get a better deal with a mobile phone or are you happy to keep a contract on just the mi-fi?

Most reactions