What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PopCap Announces Release of Bejeweled HD for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

PopCap Games today announced the release of Bejeweled HD for iPad. The premium, native adaptation of PopCap’s best-selling franchise features gorgeous HD graphics especially designed for the new iPad’s Retina Display, as well as four game modes (Classic, Butterflies, Diamond Mine and Zen), Game Center support, and other features optimized for iPad.

“The iPad has become a de facto standard for tablet gaming and is an ideal platform for the Bejeweled franchise,†noted Giordano Bruno Contestabile, Bejeweled franchise business director at PopCap Games. “This native adaptation is one of our best yet, and will enthrall players with fantastic HD graphics and optimized gameplay. As Bejeweled further evolves, we’ll continue to bring exciting new iterations, updates and content to millions of new and existing players.â€

Here are some bullet points of the game’s main features, courtesy of PopCap:

â—Š Stunning HD graphics; full retina display support for the new iPad
â—Š Four great game modes: Play the ever-popular Butterflies and Diamond Mine, along with Classic and Zen for hours of challenge and fun
â—Š Game Center Support: Compete against your friends and climb the leaderboards
â—Š Create electrifying special gems like Flame gems, Star gems, Hypercubes, and Supernova gems
â—Š Earn badges and Game Center achievements to show off your best skills

Click here to download the game for $3.99: Bejeweled HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: PopCap Games

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved this game when it came out on my palm 500 a long time ago! It is a very addicting game!

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite game, it looks AMAZING on the new iPad!

Can't wait for them to do the same for Bejeweled Blitz, I can understand why it is taking so long!

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had been using the iPhone version on my iPad.

With this ... I'm now using the HD version. What a nice difference! Plus, I get to play it in landscape, which is my preferred iPad orientation.

Very fun and addicting game! Worth the money, IMNSHO.

Marilyn

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll get PJ in a couple days. Can't wait to see these graphics and all the other new app experiences.

Most reactions