What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POP emails on iPad 2 Air saving migrating help

Bob5545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is a really problem with iPad architecture. Recently migrated to a new iPad 2 Air from an iPad using iTunes backup and restore. One of the email accounts had to be changed to IMAP on the new iPad2 so for that account we lost all of our POP email boxes.

However, I have an iTunes backup of the iPad 2 so I could restore it the new iPad air to recreate those mailboxes.

However, that email provider is now doing IMAP so eventually we will have to redo the account.

Applecare told me no solution, no way to export, save, rename and save, the POP mailboxes on iPads.

So that data can be lost forever.

Looking at third party applications to extract email mail boxes from a itunes iPad backup I can not find one that does email. They seem to do everything else.

So what are my options.

Apple really dropped the ball when they offered no email backup or recovery for iPad architecture.

I am glad my wife loves her iPad. I think they are terribly deficient.

Comments?????

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you restore the old backup and then forward all the emails to another email address?

OP
B

Bob5545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here lies the problem. The restore using iTunes does not restore the mail boxes only the accounts. All the data is lost. Apple iPad technology gives no solution to preserving POP email data.

Most reactions