What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast App that will save/refresh search for episodes

dc123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an iPad app that will save and refresh a search for episodes?

I am trying to search for a specific person on episode and then save that search. Podcast addict has this feature on android.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t know of one. I use Overcast, which has smart playlists, but that doesn’t sound like what you are after. There are several podcast related actions in the Shortcuts app that might help do what you want. There is a bit of learning to do to make your own shortcuts, but it’s not that hard. You can find some example shortcuts on the MacStories site, including several for podcasts that work with Apple’s app and Overcast.

Below, the shortcut I whipped together searches for podcasts, lets you chose from the results, then lets you choose from episodes, and plays them. You have to use the Control Panel for pause/play/skip controls. Not a great solution, but it shows at least a basic ability to automate searches.

DFB00515-6E13-4127-8937-23B3D81D517F.png

Last edited:

Most reactions