What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does the iTunes app work?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used iTunes on my pc, but just for my music playlist and syncing; I've never purchased any music or videos off iTunes itself. I was looking into buying the series of house (a whopping $280) but I'm pretty sure that the videos will surpass the allowable 32GB storage. So my question, if I buy house, can I download whatever episodes I want from iTunes, watch them, delete them, download different episodes, and redownload already watched episodes all from my iPad itself? Can I do anymore with the episodes such as save them onto my actual pc where I won't need iTunes to play them?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I would purchase them on iTunes on your PC, they will then be available in your library for you to sync to your iPad, as many episodes as you would like. Even if you purchase them on your iPad, iTunes will want to sync them into your library next time you sync anyway, so easiest for such a large amount of media to do it straight to the pc anyway.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
I would purchase them on iTunes on your PC, they will then be available in your library for you to sync to your iPad, as many episodes as you would like. Even if you purchase them on your iPad, iTunes will want to sync them into your library next time you sync anyway, so easiest for such a large amount of media to do it straight to the pc anyway.

I understand the syncing part, but let's try this metaphor. Let's say I bought all the episodes of house. They are all paid for on my itunes account currently have 6 episodes of house on my iPad and I am nowhere near my computer. My iPad is at full capacity, I have 23 mb free, and I've seen the 6 episodes on my iPad. Can I delete the episodes from my iPad and download 6 that I haven't seen from iTunes onto the iPad and be able to watch them right then and there?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can delete the six episodes on the iPad, but you wouldn't be able to redownload them again. Unlike apps ( and now music) you can't download videos as many times as you want, it's a once only deal. You need to keep them in your iTunes library and re sync to change episodes.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
You can delete the six episodes on the iPad, but you wouldn't be able to redownload them again. Unlike apps ( and now music) you can't download videos as many times as you want, it's a once only deal. You need to keep them in your iTunes library and re sync to change episodes.

Really?! The purchases aren't synced in iCloud?! That is a huge deal breaker

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Yeah the TV and film companies haven't agreed to icloud syncing yet, there are some rumours that they never will. They are behind the music industry and just don't get 'online delivery'.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Yeah the TV and film companies haven't agreed to icloud syncing yet, there are some rumours that they never will. They are behind the music industry and just don't get 'online delivery'.

Most TV shows can be downloaded again now, at least I can. It is a recent change. The studios are still resisting the idea though, so no movies. On the other side, TV Show rental is no longer an option. A little give, a little take. (shrug)

Most reactions

Latest posts