What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.png files help

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was doing some maintenance on my photo album and deleted a bunch of photos. No problem here ... But when I connect the iPad to my Mac and then start iphoto I get to the import area. I can see thumbnails of some of my photos but I also see a whole bunch of blank thumbnails with file extensions of .png. iPhoto then informs me that it doesn't know how to handle png files. I'm not sure where these png files came from. I don't think the iPad stores photos in this format. Does anyone have an idea where these came from? I don't see them in my camera roll but if the are there invisibly taking up space I would like to deleted them from the iPad also I won't see them appear in iPhoto every time I do an import.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. iPhoto should handle .png files just fine. I have several in my library.

Screen shots on the iPad are saved as .png files, and many of the art programs use that format as well when saving to the Photos app.

Other than that, I have no idea what is going on.

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I know that screen shots are saved as png but I have deleted all of the screen shots I have taken. I should not really orry about this but it does puzzle me. I guess I will visit my apple store and talk to a "genius"

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions