What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2: Lightroom & iPhoto compatibility

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been transfering a bunch of my pictures into iphoto (I always have used adobe lightroom since I am a photographer) since I want to use faces, and places features. I have iphoto set to just access my photos where they are located, and lightroom set up for when I import files to organize in a specific folder and lightroom organizes them into folders by year month day, which is ideal for me. Here is my biggest issue - some how when I am hopping back and forth between the two, one of the programs is making the original image file 0 kb, and creating a new photo with a -1 or -2 on it (example: photo.jpg turns into photo-2.jpg) and I keep noticing it doing this and leaving dead files on my drive. Can anyone explain what is going on here? I would ideally like to use both programs for my photos, but can not have this happening. Would it be better to organize my images manually, and just have both applications feed off of the original file location instead of lightroom pulling and organizing the photos?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you try to open these dead files from the finder do they open? One of the programs might be creating aliases.

I don't use Lightroom, so I'm afraid I can't be of much more help than that.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have Imovie but have used Lightroom since beta 1. Personally I manually organize all my folders and have Lightroom access them where they are. I'm just guessing, but I would think this would be better if you have two programs using the same files.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts