What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pls help me sort out confusion on iibooks vs kindle store ...pros and cons

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One feature of iBooks that I like is the ability to organize my books in collections. As far as I can tell, this is not available in the Kindle app.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One feature of iBooks that I like is the ability to organize my books in collections. As far as I can tell, this is not available in the Kindle app.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Yes, that's the stupidest thing with the Kindle app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I buy from Amazon/Kindle because I want to maintain access to books I've paid for even if I decide to switch to hardware on another platform later. Barnes & Noble also allows access across platforms, but I think it more likely that Amazon will stay in business than B&N.

+1.

I don't buy books from the apple store. Amazon is much better because of their multi-platform kindle app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sherrygodmother said:
I also buy books from Audible.com that sync on my apple devices through the iTunes and appear in the music icon.

I just download mine into the audible app and avoid iTunes altogether. I can put them on both iPad and iPhone. I do wish audible would do an iPad specific app, but that seems to be low on their list of things to do.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One problem I have with the Kindle app on my iPad is that the audible audiobooks I have on my Kindle don't appear in the Kindle app.Apparently the Kindle app doesn't support the audible audiobooks format.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One problem I have with the Kindle app on my iPad is that the audible audiobooks I have on my Kindle don't appear in the Kindle app.Apparently the Kindle app doesn't support the audible audiobooks format.

Audible has a great app. I'm glad they don't mash the audiobooks onto the Kindle app, because the functions are different. I can't listen to an audiobook and read it at the same time, because someone reading aloud is so slow in comparison, and I want to enjoy the audio reading differently anyway.

I'm really glad I have a mostly Kindle and Audible digital library. I've been able to use my ebooks and Audible books without prob on my Kindle Fire (Android platform), as well as my iOS devices. And now I've added a Samsung Galaxy Note and can use them on another Android device. If I'd bought more from iBooks and iTunes, I'd be out of luck. As it is, I can't even load an iTunes audiobook onto a second iDevice without going through iTunes on computer.

Most reactions