What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please save my sanity

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I constantly get "Mail delivery failure" messages in my email. It appears that some entity (ecelerity) is trying to send emails from my account. I get dozens of these messages every day. I have pasted in an example of a message below. Is there a way other than changing email accounts to stop this activity?

Thank you,
Mark

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[RECIPIENT1]@hotmail.com (after RCPT TO): 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Reporting-MTA: dns; cdptpa-oedge02.mail.rr.com Arrival-Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:43:42 +0000 Status: 5.0.0 Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.hotmail.com Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable Final-Recipient: rfc822; [RECIPIENT1]@hotmail.com Action: failed Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:43:42 +0000 ------ This is a copy of the original message, including all headers. ------

Return-Path:
Authentication-Results: *cdptpa-omtalb.mail.rr.com smtp.user=[[email protected]]; auth=pass (LOGIN)
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.0 cv=XesLPfF5 c=1 sm=0 a=/a+5uWsJIIZjVyBeFsNVqA==:17 a=tKLJNvMKv3sA:10 a=Dyoqhi_TatcA:10 a=zTVDa7HKqxcA:10 a=Cfj4BQAnxiAA:10 a=doupyKFmAAAA:8 a=CjxXgO3LAAAA:8 a=Tge0ucvyAAAA:8 a=bV4_whnsVGuSQsEd5DIA:9 a=Ft8UYL4EG9YA:10 a=/a+5uWsJIIZjVyBeFsNVqA==:117
X-Cloudmark-Score: 0
X-Authenticated-User: [SENDER]@roadrunner.com
X-Originating-IP: 183.80.112.238
Received: from [183.80.112.238] ([183.80.112.238:3780] helo=qqsulm)
* *by cdptpa-oedge02.mail.rr.com (envelope-from )
* *(ecelerity 2.2.3.46 r()) with ESMTPA
* *id 0E/67-18568-AD85ED05; Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:43:42 +0000
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:39:21 -0700
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-Id:
To: , ,
Subject: toq
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1251
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Melie.

To start, I've changed the e-mail addresses so they aren't real. It's not a good idea to put real e-mail addresses on the Internet unless you are doing so on a secure site; this isn't a secure site. So, in this example of yours, I've made their e-mail address RECIPIENT1, while yours is SENDER. Just for safety (and anti-spam tactics)...

For your question: it looks to me as if the [original] e-mail address to which you a sending is no good. Have you checked with that person to see if you have the address correct or if they've changed it?

Those would be my guesses as to what is happening. Hopefully, someone will be along who can tell you exactly what's going on.

Marilyn

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The issue is that I am not trying to send email at all

Mark

iPadclassic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Hi. Actually, I am still learning to be a programmer so I can get something out there for iPad 1. I promised my Uncle that I would try to get an App out into the Apple Store for the iPad 1 if possible. I really took on more than I could handle. I did not know how complicated it is. Well, one good reason why you may be receiving this error message is that the programmer of one or more of your App has tried to send a status update to his personal email address. For instance, the programmer may want to see if the program that was created is functioning at top quality. So it sends an email to a personal address to inform the programmer that everything is okay. The problem comes when there is a misspelling in a complicated long email address. It may be trying to send to "[email protected]" when there is a typo and is actually sent to "[email protected]". Imagine a complicated email address that is usually required now because there are so many people. The chances of a typo is great.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If this email account is also used by your PC, time to scan the PC for a virus.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And change your email account's password. If your account has been hacked someone may be sending spam on your behalf, which would explain all the blocked emails.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LannyC,

I ran a malware program and the issue seems to be cured.
Many thanks,
Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts