What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playlists on iPod App?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must be missing something really obvious, I can't figure out how to organize Playlists on the iPod App.

The obvious way would seem to be to do it in iTunes, dragging tracks from Music into an existing or newly created Playlist but this doesn't seem to possible.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I figured it out, you do it on the iPad. I must be so brainwashed (about using iTunes) that I didn't think to do it on the iPad. I am fairly certain that, on a "real" iPod it is done in iTunes.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also do it in iTunes on the computer. Once you create the playlists you want, plug in your iPad and select it under the Devices list. Go to the Music tab at the top.

If you have Sync Music and Entire music library selected, all play lists will be synced. Or you can choose Selected Playlists. . . and individually choose what you want synced.

If you are bypassing iTunes for music syncing (and many people do) then you're limited to creating playlists on the iPad in the iPod app. (or possibly some other syncing program I"m not familiar with).

Do not just start using iTunes if you've been doing this. You'll probably lose music off the iPad. Once you start syncing with iTunes it considers itself the absolute authority on what belongs on the iPad. It's kind of like letting your mother clean your room. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts