What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing avi movies on iPad 3

amabdelsalam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to play .avi movies on iPad? Any movie player available?

thank you

dan demann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AZUL for watching Avis. It also plays .flv, (some) mp4s, and (most) mkvs, and probably other formats that I do not use. Works for me.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it is possible. I am using OPlayer HD. It is pretty good. But you can also use CinXPlayer, AVPlayer, Goodplayer etc.

Justina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first try converting your .avi files to Apple format. you can do this with iPad Video Converter(ipad-converters.org) (file>export) . then you can move all your files to itunes for new ipad 3 or iphone. For iTunes or QT, you should select an iTunes-friendly output format, such as MOV, MP4 or M4V

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why you would spend hours converting files to another format when all the above play avi directly. AVPlayer HD +1

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scudder said:
Not sure why you would spend hours converting files to another format when all the above play avi directly. AVPlayer HD +1

Agreed, And, a few weeks ago I went to all the bother of converting to MP4 format from .avi.... and the file size ended up larger? AVPlayerHD is the only way to go.

katsura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More Avi help please
I have a shiny ipad3, downloaded AVPlayer and transferred my avi movies but they won't play. They are from my Nikon Coolpix P6000. Any ideas please?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
katsura said:
More Avi help please
I have a shiny ipad3, downloaded AVPlayer and transferred my avi movies but they won't play. They are from my Nikon Coolpix P6000. Any ideas please?

AVI is just a container, there are multiple differing codecs that can be used within an AVI file. I would guess the AVI on a camera may be a more uncompressed version, not the more common divx or xvid codecs commonly used today. My recommendation would be to convert these files for playing on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts