What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

lv2rad8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg body shield

I have already purchased my Zagg full body shield. Had it for my Bold and it was great, and easy to put on. I can use up 4+ antiglare shields for my iphone before i don't get a speck of dust under the shield and have it positioned just right. Then put on a case and it lifts up the shields.... so annoying!:mad:

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont like Zagg due to the water issue. I prefer the dry screen protectors. Hopefully Boxwave will make one for the iPad. I have one for my pre and it is great.

What do you mean by water issue?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont like Zagg due to the water issue. I prefer the dry screen protectors. Hopefully Boxwave will make one for the iPad. I have one for my pre and it is great.

What do you mean by water issue?

Zagg protectors are applied with water from a little spray bottle it comes with. It's like a diluted soapy substance that adheres the protector to the surface.

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've watched the installation videos and talked to several people who have used an Invsibleshield. I don't see the application spray being an issue. In fact, from what I have been told, it makes installation a lot easier because it allows adjustment of the position of the shield after initial placement.

Any one with actual experience with Zagg's Invisibleshield care to comment?

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to recommend the NuShield DayVue glare protector if you plan to take your iPad outside. Only NuShield has an antireflective coating that eliminates glare from the screen. And it is also much easier to install than other products.

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, Boxwave does not. They sell clear and anti-glare. These will not work outdoors as well as an antireflective film. Only NuShield has an antireflective film because it is made to our specifications and it is a proprietary process.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed one on my husbands iTouch. After only about 5 months of use, it already has a scratch on it. I watched the install vid and followed the directions. It went on pretty easily, and I had plenty of time to move it around till it STUCK. It's only been on a few days, so there are still a few micro bubbles, and one larger one. It makes the surface a bit tacky, but I really like it. I also got him a silicone back cover for it, which seems a bit loose, but it doesn't move up the Invisibleshield at all. Mine did not come with a spray, but a tray with a small sponge soaked in the installation fluid. They said it could be refilled with plain water should it dry up. Since I'm using it more than he is these days, I'm glad I made the investment. Still think the cost was a bit steep considering the size, but I Did buy it anyway.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, Boxwave does not. They sell clear and anti-glare. These will not work outdoors as well as an antireflective film. Only NuShield has an antireflective film because it is made to our specifications and it is a proprietary process.
Does the Antireflective film cut down on brightness of the screen when used inside? I have heard about cell phones that have the AMOLED process on their screens, which means Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode that is designed to increase readability in direct sunlight. Does it work like this?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

For year film antireflective exist, i start to install on window car in years 1986 (3 M) ... if don't want to loose your credibility don't say things like this

we also have protective film for iPad with film imported from Japan our anti-glare is also anti reflective

The best products is the products fit the needing of the customer, is no more complicated than this

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have clarified those prices were for the screen protector only, not the full body options.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want a screen protector just for the anti glare properties. Love the iPad but the glare is bothersome. Would be interested in feedback from those who are happy with theirs. Btw have the invisi shield for my droid.....works ok but a bit too tacky for my tastes. Does nothing for glare but not a big deal for such a small surface.

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NuShield antireflective film

Just to be clear, the 3M Vikuiti antireflective film has been discontinued recently by the manufacturer. The NuShield film was originally made as an improvement on the Vikuiti film by providing enhanced scratch resistance. The NuShield film is made with properties to cancel out sun glare and let the LCD light through even outdoors. Indoors, it gives a very strong and clear image. The film itself does not diminish the brightness of the LCD display.

Anti glare film is not anti reflective. They have different properties. The NuShield film is installed very easily without the need for soapy water. At the cost of $17.00 the NuShielf film is excellent value for the money.

Most reactions

Latest posts