What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got one for my bb storm and find it to really help avoid smudges. I would love to hear from anyone who has put the invisishiield on their iPad.

-Greg

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered the box wave antiglare from Amazon.....should be here in less than a week. Will post my impressions once I've got it set up.

Zshad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do it!!

It may be fine for the phones but I tried putting one on tonight and it's a gigantic pain that leaves your screen filled with little bubbles. I have used many other brands on smaller surfaces with no problem but this is so big and unruly that it's not possible to do a good job of it.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be fine for the phones but I tried putting one on tonight and it's a gigantic pain that leaves your screen filled with little bubbles. I have used many other brands on smaller surfaces with no problem but this is so big and unruly that it's not possible to do a good job of it.

the mall near me has a kiosk that sells and for a few extra bucks installs for you. I had them do my storm and it came out perfect. They are located right outside the apple store, verizon, and AT&T stores. They must are done some ipads by now.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They did a scratch teston the iPad and said they could not scratch it. But the aluminum case scratches easily. Seems to me I had better find a film guard for the aluminum.

stevensr123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
these are virtually useless and another fad IMO unless they are anti-glare ones. Not even a nail could scratch the screen of the ipad!!! and it's not like it's going to stop the screen from breaking if you drop it.

so go spend the 30+ dollars on beer and have a good night.

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
these are virtually useless and another fad IMO unless they are anti-glare ones. Not even a nail could scratch the screen of the ipad!!! and it's not like it's going to stop the screen from breaking if you drop it.

so go spend the 30+ dollars on beer and have a good night.
For the screen, I tend to agree. I purchased a full body set primarily to protect the back. I don't plan on using a case most of the time. With this on the back, I won't have to worry where I set it down.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protectors are such hit and miss. I had a ZAG for a creative zen device in the past. It wasn't bad - but I ruined 3 before I got it on the right way. I don't want one of these for something as big as an iPad.

Cohiba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think some are missing the point of screen protectors.....I care very little about scratch resistance because my pad stays in the house and fingers will not scratch it. But it glares like mad (and contributes to eyestrain) and is a finger print magnet. Many protectors address BOTH!

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put one on my husbands 3rd Gen iTouch because despite keeping it in a case, after 4 months it had a big scratch on the screen. Put a silicone back on it rather than the full body InvisibleShield. Now that I use it more than he, I carry it in a full case that stays on my waist band or belt or purse strap. Surprisingly, he likes what I've done for it. I'm thinking of getting one for my old iTouch 1st Gen. The one that came with it is pretty scratched up, and the IS does come with a "lifetime" warranty.

RockyMountainGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts...DO IT

I have owned many devices and have gotten better putting screen protectors on. They have saves many devices. I am careful with my devices, but they get thrown in bags on car seats which they may slide off etc. Despite what others say I have had 3 iphones and many ipod touches. Those with a zagg have perfect screens those with out have micro swirls that are etched in the screen and make it more difficult to view. IMO they are worth the small price. The key to apply - work in a dust free area, use a new lint free cloth to clean the screen, wash your hands or better yet wear nitrile gloves like found in your doctors office and follow the instructions. Don't rush good things take time.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm

I'm kind of torn on this.
I was thinking of getting a screen protector for the front and a gel case.

I have a Zagg on my phone and it was a bit of a hassle getting it aligned perfectly. Also it gives the surface a slight orange peel looking texture (obvioulsy not color though)
I've had it on my phone for about 7 months though and it definitely stays in place and resists scratches.

I'm a bit concerned about trying to get such a large screen protector aligned correctly and I am also a bit wary of the zagg changing the appearance of the screen.

Maybe the boxwave or the bodyguardz? Do these go on easily without coming off accidentally?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have a Zagg for my droid.....had Best Buy put it on and it's just about perfect but not until a few tries. One thing I'm not crazy about the Zagg is that it is slightly tacky which is ok for a small phone but for something like the iPad???

I ordered the Boxwave but amazon incorrectly said it was in stock when it wasn't so I ordered Nushield shortly afterward....then was notified hours later the Boxwave was shipping. Lol, now I have two coming in and not sure which one to install. They'll get here about the same time. I'll pass along my impressions. They are both antiglare and I believe also not tacky like the Zagg. The Zagg is not antiglare from my experience...something to think about.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have a Zagg for my droid.....had Best Buy put it on and it's just about perfect but not until a few tries. One thing I'm not crazy about the Zagg is that it is slightly tacky which is ok for a small phone but for something like the iPad???

I ordered the Boxwave but amazon incorrectly said it was in stock when it wasn't so I ordered Nushield shortly afterward....then was notified hours later the Boxwave was shipping. Lol, now I have two coming in and not sure which one to install. They'll get here about the same time. I'll pass along my impressions. They are both antiglare and I believe also not tacky like the Zagg. The Zagg is not antiglare from my experience...something to think about.

I look forward to your report!

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always used the invisible shield on my iPhones... personally I prefer the texture of them on the touch screen over just glass. Never had a full-body version though. Sounds like this would help the iPad to be less slippery.

Most reactions