What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinch to home screen not working

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an 3G 32gig ipad2 5.1.1 with jailbreak. I've had the jailbreak since it came out and have had zero problems until today. All of my finger gestures work except pinch to home screen. It worked fine until today. Not sure what happened. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found my problem. Quasar Cydia app updated today. I uninstalled the app and pinch to home works! App must be buggy or something.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, glad we could help. :)

But seriously, thanks for the heads up on one of the quirks of Quasar. People have reported trouble with this app, so this may help them should they discover additional problems.

Marilyn

fgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem with me. I updated Quasar also today. I like this Quasar but I don't wat to loose the pinch.
Quasar out of my iPad.
Thanks for the warning.

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, glad we could help. :)

But seriously, thanks for the heads up on one of the quirks of Quasar. People have reported trouble with this app, so this may help them should they discover additional problems.

Marilyn

Ur welcome. Hope someone can benefit from my minor annoyance.

DannyGGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had the same problem and uninstalling Quasar fixed it. Not only did I get the pinch gesture back but respringing no longer clears my app switcher tray, which Quasar was causing even before the latest update-but I hadn't diagnosed which app was causing it. So thanks.

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DannyGGG said:
Thanks guys. I had the same problem and uninstalling Quasar fixed it. Not only did I get the pinch gesture back but respringing no longer clears my app switcher tray, which Quasar was causing even before the latest update-but I hadn't diagnosed which app was causing it. So thanks.

No problem. Glad we could help.

mrhuston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whodaman said:
Found my problem. Quasar Cydia app updated today. I uninstalled the app and pinch to home works! App must be buggy or something.

Does anyone know of other apps that cause the same problem? I do not have Quasar Cydia and I also cannot pinch to get to the home screen.

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrhuston said:
Does anyone know of other apps that cause the same problem? I do not have Quasar Cydia and I also cannot pinch to get to the home screen.

I haven't heard of any per apps that have that issue. The way I discovered the Quasar problem was just removed apps one by one that weren't installed before the problem arose.

Most reactions

Latest posts