What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dots/Circles Appearing under Fingers When Touching Screen

Zhuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to ipad's, but I recently jailbreaked mine and it is working great, I installed displayout and a few themes but nothing else and today when I used my ipad I had dots appear under my fingers when I touch the screen, like it's showing me where the touch points are being detected.

Not sure why it is doing this, is there any way I can turn it off?

atoren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suddenly have this too. Haven't done anything except tried to sync the iPad but had the calendar go off which doesn't allow the sync to continue. then I now have these (grey to white) circles appear when i touch a part of the screen.

I have tried a reboot, hard reset, to no avail.

I have a 64gb, 3G, 3.2.1 jailbroken with Spirit. Has been working flawlessly till now.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's themes/addons in Cydia that do that. Are both of you quite positive you didn't install a theme that included it?

atoren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally figured it out. It is under 'Settings', then 'Display Out' settings.

In there you can select if you want to make the touches visible or not.

My kids must been playing and somehow got in there to change the settings, which isn't too hard to figure out....now.

Big Thunder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the easy fix

Thanks for the easy fix was concerned I had screwed up something but your fix solved it

Most reactions

Latest posts