What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures downloaded from IPHONE 6S to (new) IPAD Pro are blurry

BBBcats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the IPAD -I see that the bottom of the right screen shows it uploading on that little circle but should this happen constantly? Is there a setting I'm missing? And then some of the pics are still blurry- any help is appreciated

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your devices are connected via iCloud, they'll start syncing pictures, so that all of them are visible on every other device as well. They'll sync via Wi-Fi, and of course only if they are connected to the same network.

This should stop when the photo has completely loaded to your iPad (in this case). Sometimes it looks like it hasn't synced completely, and the image looks blurry, although the circle isn't visible any more. In that case, leave the Photos album, and then open it again. I've often experienced that the view I got in the album didn't update, although the image had been downloaded already.

If the image still is blurry, take a look at your settings. In Photos & Camera, there are two options to choose from - Optimize iPad Storage, and Download And Keep Originals. Here's the difference between them:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Maybe your choice here is the reason for the way the images are visible in the Photos app.

Last edited:
OP
B

BBBcats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your devices are connected via iCloud, they'll start syncing pictures, so that all of them are visible on every other device as well. They'll sync via Wi-Fi, and of course only if they are connected to the same network.

This should stop when the photo has completely loaded to your iPad (in this case). Sometimes it looks like it hasn't synced completely, and the image looks blurry, although the circle isn't visible any more. In that case, leave the Photos album, and then open it again. I've often experienced that the view I got in the album didn't update, although the image had been downloaded already.

If the image still is blurry, take a look at your settings. In Photos & Camera, there are two options to choose from - Optimize iPad Storage, and Download And Keep Originals. Here's the difference between them:
View attachment 70260
View attachment 70261
Maybe your choice here is the reason for the way the images are visible in the Photos app.
Thanks will look into this

Most reactions

Latest posts