What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics upside down in emails and wallpaper. How to fix this?

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've taken some pics using the built-in camera. I may have held it upside down or sideways a few times. Well, the pics came out upside down a few times. Also tried using some pics for my wallpaper on my emac, and it's sideways or upside down. How can I fi this easily using the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the Adobe Shop Express app. It's simple but has basic rotate and crop features, among and few other. It is free.

OP
H

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But, is there any way to avoid it coming out originally upside down other than taking the shots with the pinhole on top.

Reaction score
Well, from my experience is it impossible to have pictures not be oriented correctly. Even if the orientation lock is set, as I just discovered, will the pictures taken always be saved correctly.

Does it happen with all images you take? The Camera app uses the iPad's sensors to determine it's orientation in space and will thus orient the images, if that doesn't happen for you, it may be be a glitch the Camera app.

Have you tried restarting the app? (Pressing the Home button twice, then press on Camera until it starts to wiggle, and finally press on the x.)

OP
H

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did the double click of home button and got rid of the camera button working in background. Bt, thi problem with the pics happened many days ago, not recently. The orient ion lock was never on. It oriented itself perfectly when I changed angles. Probably happened when I tried to email it via hotmail, and after I stored it on my Dell computer after which I transferred it via dropbox on my emac and then put it as a wall paper on that computer (emac).

Any ideas?

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picture orientation

I too have an issue with pictures taken and E-Mailed with the iPad being off 90 degrees.

I take the picture (orientation is correct) then I E-Mail it with the iPad.

When I open it on my PC. the picture is rotated 90 degrees.

Now, if I open the E-Mailed picture on my PC and rotate it on the PC, save it to the iPad and resend it with the iPad, all is well.

Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have an issue with pictures taken and E-Mailed with the iPad being off 90 degrees.

I take the picture (orientation is correct) then I E-Mail it with the iPad.

When I open it on my PC. the picture is rotated 90 degrees.

Now, if I open the E-Mailed picture on my PC and rotate it on the PC, save it to the iPad and resend it with the iPad, all is well.

Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

I need to revise the above post.

No matter how I try to rotate the picture, when it's sent from the iPad the orientation is off.

If I rotate the picture with my PC, resend it on my PC and open it on the iPad, the rotation is correct.

brookier1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and I don't see a solution here. What do I do?

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and I don't see a solution here. What do I do?

What I found by hit and miss is that if you hold the iPad so the camera is in the top left corner, the pictures turn out Ok in E-Mails.

Maybe this is pretty basic but I didn't know about it.

Give it a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts