What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emailed photo upside down

Gretchen McClain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a picture with my iPad and emailed to my sister's pc but she received it upside down. Is there a way to avoid this? Bummer!
Thanks in advance, Gretchen

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
New to the iPad2 myself and just starting to learn more about the photo options - I've read about this issue and one exchanged discussed the orientation of the home button, esp. in the landscape position.

Were the photos taken in the portrait or landscape position and do you remember the orientation of the home button if the latter, i.e. on the right or left - not sure that will help but you might give it a try both ways?

I've also read that Windows may not interpret the information built into the sent photo and is confused about the orientation - hopefully some of our more experienced users can enlighten us - good luck! :)

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lens to the top left, home button on the right under your right thumb works best, for landscape, horizontal, mode. Lens top right and home button on the bottom, for portrait, vertical, mode.

Now for videos, always, same as in landscape mode. First time I took a video, I did it in portrait mode, kinda hard to watch on a big screen TV, got a crick in my neck, looking sideways at the TV.

OP
G

Gretchen McClain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I tried it again by taking another picture and making sure the home button was on the bottom of the portrait page...and it worked! I guess I got lost in the fact that you can just pick up the iPad and go with it. Thanks again everyone!
Gretchen

Most reactions

Latest posts