What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhotoStream I created is no longer shared

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I created some photo streams yesterday and one this morning. When an invitation is sent and accepted, it says it is no longer being shared, but it is. I have Googled this and have found threads from 2012 or 2013 about this and there were no answers or explanations, just people saying they have the same issue.

My iPad is updated, the photo streams are being shared. I thought this would be a way to share, but I don't think so any longer. It is the same on my phone.

Has anyone in else had this issue? Turning the pads and phones off, the most often used solution, does not do anything.

Hmm, I just tried it on another stream I made yesterday and got the same message. Stream is no longer shared. Wow, they no longer show up in my Shared streams. I just went to my Photos app and looked at the shared. I thought I was imagining it last night, there are only two streams visible now and I am the one who created them on my iPad, but they are no longer there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I created some photo streams yesterday and one this morning. When an invitation is sent and accepted, it says it is no longer being shared, but it is. I have Googled this and have found threads from 2012 or 2013 about this and there were no answers or explanations, just people saying they have the same issue.

My iPad is updated, the photo streams are being shared. I thought this would be a way to share, but I don't think so any longer. It is the same on my phone.

Has anyone in else had this issue? Turning the pads and phones off, the most often used solution, does not do anything.

Hmm, I just tried it on another stream I made yesterday and got the same message. Stream is no longer shared. Wow, they no longer show up in my Shared streams. I just went to my Photos app and looked at the shared. I thought I was imagining it last night, there are only two streams visible now and I am the one who created them on my iPad, but they are no longer there.
Have you tried this troubleshooting guide? http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4379

OP
C

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I have been on that link when I Googled the issue. It didn't have any troubleshooting for what I, and apparently others I found when Googling, have been experiencing. One friend I removed and re-invited was able to re subscribe to the thread, no issue. But I still get the message about that same thread no longer being shared other times.

I have tried 4 email addresses and a cell phone number. I am, in my case, inviting some of my alternative email addresses. Some times the invitation never arrives and others I get the "no longer shared message". But the other people I have found with this issue when Googling, have not been inviting themselves with alternate email addresses and a cell phone number.

I am think that PhotoStream will not suit my needs. Will probably open a MyFamily 1.0 site again.

Thanks for the link and your time.

prsdcsapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a fix. I had the same frustration. Problem solved when the invitee logs in to photos on a Mac being logged in to their iCloud account. Then you can "Accept" the invitation from the Shared stream "Activity". That took care of it for me.
I could not get it to work trying to accept through the email link. Hope this helps someone out there.

Most reactions

Latest posts