What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photostream Query

wilky88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first ever post on here.

In our house we have three iPhones (2x4 and 5), an iPad4 and a new ipad mini. - all on the same apple ID I have a photo stream that syncs my photos from the iphone5 to the iPad 4. We have just bought the ipad mini and would like to set up a separate photo stream that syncs photos from one of the iPhone4s to the new ipad mini.

How can I get two photo streams that are independent of each other, as we we don't want the photos crossing over?

Thanks for the help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, if you use Photo Stream all your photos will appear on all your devices that share the same Apple ID. I don't believe that there's any way to restrict which devices your photos go to.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could keep your Apple ID on all devices, but create a different iCloud account on the iPhone 5 and iPad mini. This way photo streams won't interfere with each other. You'll lose the ability to sync documents, ... between all devices.
Your purchases (books, apps, music) would still be linked to the Apple ID.

Most reactions