What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos turning in email

padnewbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone has experienced this and can help.

I have an IPad 2 that is flipping pictures upside down when I email them. When I attach them to the email, they are right side up and look fine. However, when they are received, they are upside down.

Our email runs on an Exchange server - don't know if that info helps...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!! :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know if you take a screenshot in any other rotation besides portrait and home screen button down, the iPad does weird rotations to the pictures.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, pay attention to the location of the 'Home Button' when taking photos - the rules are in 'Portrait Position' to have the button on the bottom; and in 'Landscape Position' to have the button to your right.

Will this work - usually but I've found inconsistencies - maybe others can offer advice? And keep in mind that if the images are downloaded to another computer, simple software can flip the images.

Finally, the quality of the images offered by the iPad cameras is so poor that I'd be embarrassed to send many - oh, well - :(

Waki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Just started a few days ago. Forwarded pictures arrive upside down. ( leave normally ) very frustrating. Can no one help ? My first Apple product...disappointed !

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes!! Mine does the same thing. It didn't always do this sideways upside down thing, so that leads me to believe it's a problem with the "operator" not the device.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Waki & Blessed - did you read my previous post? The position of the 'home button' can make a difference - do some experimenting and give it a try; otherwise, you will need some simple software app(s) to flip the image.

Good luck - :)

Waki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the home button. These are not pictures I've taken but usually forwarded pictures. Always worked till the last few weeks when "some" of the pictures rotate after transmission. ( or during) they are all fine BEFORE !

Most reactions