What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos o to my ipad

dave307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently i bought a ipad air with 128gb capacity, I also have a iphone with a small capacity.To my question.

How can i put a lot of photos on my ipad and not to show on my iphone as there are on the same account, Also if i put 10gb of photos on the ipad that will overload the icloud. How would i get around that without paying for more storage on the icloud.
And one other point. If i install an app on the ipad but don't want it to show on iphone, How to achieve that Please.
Many Thanks David.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, David!

In order to not get the images from your iPad to the iPhone, go to Settings (the app) - Photos & Camera, disable iCloud Photo Library, and also turn off Upload to My Photo Stream.

iCloud Photo Sharing doesn't count against your iCloud storage. Share the images with yourself, if you have a second email address, and then remove them from Albums or Photos.

And to your third question:
Disable Apps in Settings - iTunes & App Stores - Automatic Downloads.

Hope that helps.

OP
dave307

dave307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Maybe i didn't make it clear enough.
The photos that i want to put on the ipad are on my laptop.Windows 10.So when i put them on the ipad i dont want them to show on iphone. ipad only. is that possible? Thank You.

OP
dave307

dave307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I got it now.Sorry i was a bit thick earlier
Thank You very much once again.
David:)

Most reactions