What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos - IPAD2

MikeConnell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on my ipad2 I have a lot of pictures in my Camera Roll folder and I'm wanting to move them to seperate folders. If I click in on Camera Roll folder and edit and check the pictures and say add to new folder this works great. I have a folder called "whatever" with all my pictures I put in there. The problem is they are still in camera roll also. When I try to delete them from there it say's DELETE FROM EVERYWHERE? I don't want to delete from everywhere only the camera roll folder. This one is really throwing me for a loop can anyone help? Thanks in advance, I really would appreciate it.

Michael Connell
El Paso, TX

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't delete only from Camera Roll. Whichever album you copy the photo to, it's just linking to the one in Camera Roll.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Mike - welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated, the 'Camera Roll' is part of the 'native' photo app of the iPad and cannot be removed; it is the main storage bank for images saved to your device. When you create other folders w/i the app and move images into those folders, you are simply creating a LINK to the image still stored in the camera roll. Hence you can delete images w/i you created folders but only the links are being removed; if you want to delete a photo(s) in the 'Camera Roll', then all its links will also be removed. Sorry just the way the app works at the moment - I guess you can hope for a more useful update?

Most reactions

Latest posts