What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos Grainy

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have an ipad mini, not sure which version. My photos, compared to my sister's iphone 6, are very grainy looking. Is there something I can do to improve the quality of my photos?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To find out which iPad mini you own, take a look at the model number. It’s located on the back cover, and starts with an A, followed by four digits. A1538 or A1550 would be an iPad mini 4. It’s camera’s features are almost the same as those of the iPhone 6.

A different number belongs to iPad mini, generation 1 - 3. The camera on those devices have 5 MP, which could be the reason for grainy images. It’s not possible to do anything against this, afaik. You can’t change the technical specifications of the camera.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Lady M.
Apart from technical stuff, (screen resolution, pixals, file sizes, file types etc.) you need to compare apples with apples.
Are the pics taken in the same lighting condtions?
Both of you take a pic in the same place.
Air drop to each other (to see what they look like on the other device) then compare.
You maybe surprised.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both for your responses. I have the mini with the 5MP camera. Cest la vie.

Most reactions

Latest posts