What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo quality.

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any tips on improving photo quality as pics are very grainy.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi midren. My understanding is that the rear facing camera has the equivalent of a 0.7 megapixel lens. Plenty of light may help a bit but we cannot expect very much in this department. Many are more than a bit disappointed with it.

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tips?

Nikon D300 or higher, Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED (preferably the AF version) and shoot it at any aperture and at any distance! It's a killer combination.

Assuming you are talking about the iPad2's camera, I think Steve Jobs didn't want people walking around holding the iPad as a camera in the zombie position. He is into things 'Cool', not things that would make the Apple brand Look dumb.

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Hi midren. My understanding is that the rear facing camera has the equivalent of a 0.7 megapixel lens. Plenty of light may help a bit but we cannot expect very much in this department. Many are more than a bit disappointed with it.

At 0.7 it won't be great, but the again it's not really designed to be a camera. It's just that we have a youngster and sometimes it's handy to have a decent camera on the iPod. Thanks for the tip and help.

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Studor13 said:
Tips?

Nikon D300 or higher, Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED (preferably the AF version) and shoot it at any aperture and at any distance! It's a killer combination.

Assuming you are talking about the iPad2's camera, I think Steve Jobs didn't want people walking around holding the iPad as a camera in the zombie position. He is into things 'Cool', not things that would make the Apple brand Look dumb.

Ta for the camera tip and I agree with the "Cool" comment. I like your taste in cameras.

Most reactions