What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos app

Oupagerrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using my iPad for 3 yrs for all sorts of things. I'm new to the forum. Being retired I read lots of news, take photo's etc. now I have a problem. My Photos app is not responding, i.e. It would not open at all. In fact all photo apps e.g. iPhoto, camera, photo booth do not respond. How do I fix this?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If they appear in the multitask bar (double tap the Home button to see it), remove them from there - force close the apps.

If they are not there, restart your iPad. Turn it off, then on again.

Resetting may also help. Data or settings won't get lost. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

If your iPad isn't up to date (latest software for iPad 2 onwards is 7.1.2), update it and see if this fixes the issue.

iPhoto isn't a built in app: maybe there's an update for it. Or delete the app and reinstall it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm. If Johanna's suggestions do not work.

Check Settings > Privacy > Photos, and make sure all the problem apps are turned on.

However, this should not affect the Photos app itself. If restarting or reseting the iPad doesn't work it may be necessary to restore the iPad.

You might also check Settings > General > Usage and make sure you've got some spare storage. That might affect the Photos app. Of course, it would probably cause all kinds of other problems as well.

OP
O

Oupagerrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If they appear in the multitask bar (double tap the Home button to see it), remove them from there - force close the apps.

If they are not there, restart your iPad. Turn it off, then on again.

Resetting may also help. Data or settings won't get lost. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

If your iPad isn't up to date (latest software for iPad 2 onwards is 7.1.2), update it and see if this fixes the issue.

iPhoto isn't a built in app: maybe there's an update for it. Or delete the app and reinstall it.

Hope that helps.

OP
O

Oupagerrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm really grateful. Resetting with home and power button simultaneously worked like a charm. Thanks Johanna, also to Twerpoet who replied. Now I'm a little wiser! Oupagerrit.

Most reactions

Latest posts