What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos And Videos Coming Thru As emails: How To Handle ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

For the first time, I expect to get some emails with Photo and or Videos, I guess as Attachments.

New ipad owner, and I guess I don't know how the following is handled.

What App do I ned to open up the Photos ?

What do I need to view the Videos ?

Or, are both handled automatically by the iPad ?

What else should I know about handling photos and videos that come thru as emails ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

For the first time, I expect to get some emails with Photo and or Videos, I guess as Attachments.

New ipad owner, and I guess I don't know how the following is handled.

What App do I ned to open up the Photos ?

What do I need to view the Videos ?

Or, are both handled automatically by the iPad ?

What else should I know about handling photos and videos that come thru as emails ?

Thanks,
Bob

The iPad Mail app has viewing capability, a "quick view," as it were. I believe it supports most office attachments you would get. I have successfully viewed Microsoft Office products, PDFs and pictures within the Mail app.

Where your problem may start is when attempting to view some video files that people might send you. The iPad has issues playing Microsoft videos (e.g. wav files). A lot of people have had success installing the free app "OPlayer HD" and using the "Open in..." function in the Mail app to view them.

Overall, however, you will be amazed at how most of the attachments you get can be viewed natively in the Mail app.

Hope this reassures. Holler back if you have troubles.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts