What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos, Albums and iPad Camera Connection Kit

Melburstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am comfortable getting photos from the memory card in my camera into subfolders on my PC under the My Pictures folder. I create the folders with meaningful names, like Thanksgiving 2010.

I am also comfortable connecting my iPad to my PC via a USB port and using iTunes to Sync selected folders to my iPad. The folder names become photo albums on my iPad.

However, before learning the above procedure, I purchased the iPad lCamera Connection Kit. When I use it, it just dumps all of the photos from the memory card into an input folder on the iPad. I have not found a way, using just the iPad, to create Albums and move photos into the appropriate Albums. So why do I need the iPad Camera Connection Kit?

Is it possible to use the iPad alone to organize photos into Albums.

grampus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am comfortable getting photos from the memory card in my camera into subfolders on my PC under the My Pictures folder. I create the folders with meaningful names, like Thanksgiving 2010.

I am also comfortable connecting my iPad to my PC via a USB port and using iTunes to Sync selected folders to my iPad. The folder names become photo albums on my iPad.

However, before learning the above procedure, I purchased the iPad lCamera Connection Kit. When I use it, it just dumps all of the photos from the memory card into an input folder on the iPad. I have not found a way, using just the iPad, to create Albums and move photos into the appropriate Albums. So why do I need the iPad Camera Connection Kit?

Is it possible to use the iPad alone to organize photos into Albums.
If your camera has the ability to place the photos into different albums, I.E. by date, then that's a start. It will transfer them off into an events type of folder, where they are differentiated by date.
It seems that there is no way to manipulate them on the IPAD.
They need to be transferred back to the PC, then worked on.
On a recent trip, I found it useful to move each days photos onto the IPAD, then remove the ones I didn't want.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try "Photo-Sort HD" in the Apple apps store. You can sort them into folders and name the folders, then WiFi them back to your computer when you get home.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try "Photo-Sort HD" in the Apple apps store. You can sort them into folders and name the folders, then WiFi them back to your computer when you get home.

I know there was an update to Photosort today or yesterday. i hadn't used it in awhile, been using Collections for 'photo book', but just tried Photosort and its quite good now and I'll use it a lot more. Wish it had Dropbox integration.

Most reactions

Latest posts