What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo transfer...

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my New iPad... bought it two weeks ago. There is one thing that's bugging me and it's probably not an iPad problem but maybe someone knows of a workaround. When I download photos from my iPod to my laptop (Win 7) and then try to edit them I get the same error message that it cannot be done because of file discrepancies, etc. So, can someone tell me if this is a Windows problem or an iPad problem and also does someone know how to 'fix' the problem. Thanks...

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohwell8 said:
I love my New iPad... bought it two weeks ago. There is one thing that's bugging me and it's probably not an iPad problem but maybe someone knows of a workaround. When I download photos from my iPod to my laptop (Win 7) and then try to edit them I get the same error message that it cannot be done because of file discrepancies, etc. So, can someone tell me if this is a Windows problem or an iPad problem and also does someone know how to 'fix' the problem. Thanks...

What are you trying to edit the photos with, and are you transferring them using explorer? Are you trying to edit straight back to the iPad directory?

OP
O

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mentioned 'iPod' in my post... should have been 'iPad.'

I am downloading to Windows Live Photo Gallery and attempting to edit there. I use Firefox for browser, however upon connection with USB (iPad to Laptop) I get the Windows 'drop-down' asking how I want to download and Windows Live Photo Gallery is an option so that's what I choose.... all other photos are stored there. As for the last question, no, I just was to edit for storage and use on website, email, etc., etc.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohwell8 said:
I mentioned 'iPod' in my post... should have been 'iPad.'

I am downloading to Windows Live Photo Gallery and attempting to edit there. I use Firefox for browser, however upon connection with USB (iPad to Laptop) I get the Windows 'drop-down' asking how I want to download and Windows Live Photo Gallery is an option so that's what I choose.... all other photos are stored there. As for the last question, no, I just was to edit for storage and use on website, email, etc., etc.

Not something I use but perhaps you should select explorer in the drop downs, and copy them from a temporary folder to the live photo gallery.
So treat it like an external hard drive? I wonder if the live photo gallery is trying to do some sort of edit back to the iPad itself and this is what the error is.

Sorry I can't help more...

Most reactions