What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo sync problems

benfost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm having issues syncing photos to the iPad 2 through iTunes. The iPad receives the photos (which are all high-resolution) and there is plenty of space on the iPad, but when I look at them, there are parts of one picture with another picture.....it's like the program has cut them all up and put them back together. clicking on a thumbnail brings up a different picture, and to top it all off, everything is super-pixelated and blurry.

i have read many of the pixelated picture iPad posts and haven't found anything that works for me.

anyone have any ideas about what is happening and how i can stop it?

thanks.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. I'm having issues syncing photos to the iPad 2 through iTunes. The iPad receives the photos (which are all high-resolution) and there is plenty of space on the iPad, but when I look at them, there are parts of one picture with another picture.....it's like the program has cut them all up and put them back together. clicking on a thumbnail brings up a different picture, and to top it all off, everything is super-pixelated and blurry.

i have read many of the pixelated picture iPad posts and haven't found anything that works for me.

anyone have any ideas about what is happening and how i can stop it?

thanks.

Are they .png files? Is this while looking at the pics in thumbnail view? Which happens to me. I notice this only happens with .png files though, where I will see one pic overlaying another pic but when I choose to look at in full view, it's ok.

I think the photos app has an issue with .png files...But no problem with pixelation.

Perhaps finding a free photo transfer app in the app store and try it this way. Many offer wifi transfer...bypassing the "Empire" all together.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try restarting and/or reseting the iPad. This is always a good first troubleshooting step when things are acting strangely.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions