What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Questions IPAD 2

Jonootz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) Could someone please define what the term "Camera Roll" means.

2) On the initial setup and sync the IPad downloaded all 1800 photos from my Windows photo folder many of which I no longer want...Is there any way to bulk delete these pictures?

Thanks in advance....Jon

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Assuming you are running iOS5, the following should help:

The 'Camera Roll' is essentially the default album or folder into which images are first placed when you take them. You can subsequently create new Albums to organise your images. However, when you place an image in one of your own Albums all you are really doing is placing a link to the original in your Camera Roll i.e. it's not really a physical organisation, but a virtual one...the original image stays in your Camera Roll as you will see (hope that makes sense!!)

To delete multiple images from your Camera Roll, first click the little arrow icon on the top right to enter 'Select' mode. Then select the images you wish to delete by tapping each one...a little tick icon should be placed on the image. Finally you can then tap the Delete button to remove them after confirming that's what you want to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts