What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manager?

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I am sure this question has been asked, but I searched almost every term possible and didn't find anything. On Ipad2, the photos go to a default album, but you can make side albums. Now my question is. Is there any possibility or software out there to take the photo out of the default album and place into the side album that I create? I know it happens, but the photot must always stay in the default album now. Anywhay to eliminate this?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photos app is fairly limited in it's ability to create and manage albums. When you create a new album and put a photo in it, all you are doing is linking to the original photos. There is no way to actually move the original photo with the Photos app.

Those who want more control over their photo albums usually go with a third party app. Photo Manager Pro is by far the most popular for general use, but depending on what you want to do there are apps that target just about every special purpose photo display/manager you can think of.

OP
P

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find Photo Manager HD in the Apple Store at all :(

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is Photo Manager Pro, not HD. I would recommend it though I still find it falls short of sorting photos within their albums.

damorpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just re-visited this, looking for the ideal app, and still can't find it.

Photo Manager Pro is great, except:
- You can't sync to Dropbox/Sugarsync/Box.net/Google Drive/etc
- You can't initiate a sync from the phone (you have to run the FTP server on the phone, and then use FTP software on a PC)

I'm frustrated Photo Manager Pro still doesn't include this. Am I the only one who wants to organise my photos on my phone and easily sync them with a central service?

joot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just re-visited this, looking for the ideal app, and still can't find it.

Photo Manager Pro is great, except:
- You can't sync to Dropbox/Sugarsync/Box.net/Google Drive/etc
- You can't initiate a sync from the phone (you have to run the FTP server on the phone, and then use FTP software on a PC)

I'm frustrated Photo Manager Pro still doesn't include this. Am I the only one who wants to organise my photos on my phone and easily sync them with a central service?

You are not alone on this endeavor. I downloaded thousands of pictures taken from a trailcam (bowhunting) and simply wanted to delete the albums after viewing them. I still can't do this simple task. I know I can delete one pic at a time but when you have thousands, it is not practical...

Most reactions

Latest posts