What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos from Windows computer to ipad2

gulfportgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(I wanted to sync an album with 30 photos from my windows 7 computer to my ipad2, I went into itunes, attached my
ipad 2 to the computer usb, checked the album I wanted to syn and itunes removed (TOOK OUT) most of my apps from my
ipad. It also sent some of the photos from the computer to the ipad but not all of them. Why did this happen. I have spent the last few hours trying to remember and then download the apps again into my ipad and am now afraid to try to get more photos transferred from my computer to the ipad because I am afraid the apps will again disappear.

JustinOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two things...

Fiirstly, I've always had problems using iTunes to do anything except handle music, which I do manually by dragging stuff I want to the iPad. I never sync it, ever. So for your pics, just plug your iPad in, don't bother loading iTunes because you won't need it. Windows should come up with a box and you can click to open the folder for browsing and find your pics that way and windows will just treat it like a flash drive. This is how I handle pics and videos created from the iPad.

Second, if you go in the app store there is a purchased tab at the bottom, go in there and you'll easily be able to tell what apps you had installed previously.

Hope that helps.

OP
G

gulfportgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this work to get photos from my computer into my IPad? I am able to send photos from the IPad to the computer by just
connecting them.
I found the apps I had downloaded into my IPad after a long search so that is taken care of. Right now I am getting photos from my computer onto my IPad by e-mailing photos (5 at a time) to myself and then saving them on the IPad from the e-mail but I think there has to be a better way.
Gulfportgal

Two things...

Fiirstly, I've always had problems using iTunes to do anything except handle music, which I do manually by dragging stuff I want to the iPad. I never sync it, ever. So for your pics, just plug your iPad in, don't bother loading iTunes because you won't need it. Windows should come up with a box and you can click to open the folder for browsing and find your pics that way and windows will just treat it like a flash drive. This is how I handle pics and videos created from the iPad.

Second, if you go in the app store there is a purchased tab at the bottom, go in there and you'll easily be able to tell what apps you had installed previously.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts