What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo handling

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The photo app that comes with iPads and iPhones isn’t very good.
I.e. moving a photo from “my albums” to “favorites” ought to do just that.
But, instead, I get the photo in “favorites” and the original is still kept in “my albums”
taking up space. There must be a better app.
Sorry …rant off

Mark

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The photo app that comes with iPads and iPhones isn’t very good.
I.e. moving a photo from “my albums” to “favorites” ought to do just that.
But, instead, I get the photo in “favorites” and the original is still kept in “my albums”
taking up space. There must be a better app.
Sorry …rant off

Mark
You're not duplicating the photos. All photos are only stored in the camera roll and what you have in the various folders are just bookmarks to the photos in the camera roll. If you delete the photo in the camera roll, it'll disappear from any folder it's also located in.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Think of your albums as the phographic version of a music playlist. All photos exist in on place, but you can create as many lists/albums as you like with no impact on storage space.

It’s actually a very good thing. This means that the vacaton photo of the kid surfing with the dog in Hawaii can be in the Family, Pet, and Vacation album, with no impact on storage space.

It also means that if you can’t remember what album you put a photo in, or if it even went into an album, you’ve got one place to go to look for it.

That’s not to say the Photos app is the best. It’s not. Depending on what you need there are other apps that may fit your needs better. However, almost all the powerful ones work the same way when it comes to albums. One photo, multiple places you can see it.

Last edited:
OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think of your albums as the phographic version of a music playlist. All photos exist in on place, but you can create as many lists/albums as you like with no impact on storage space.

It’s actually a very good thing. This means that the vacaton photo of the kid surfing with the dog in Hawaii can be in the Family, Pet, and Vacation album, with no impact on storage space.

It also means that if you can’t remember what album you put a photo in, or if it even went into an album, you’ve got one place to go to look for it.

That’s not to say the Photos app is the best. It’s not. Depending on what you need there are other apps that may fit your needs better. However, almost all the powerful ones work the same way when it comes to albums. One photo, multiple places you can see it.

Most reactions

Latest posts