What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Album Order of view

Syoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My solution

Not the easiest solution but it works for me...
I have Windows 7 and just used the file properties to modify the date taken field for each photo. I used the date format but used a simple numbering system where the month was a category the day was the order I wanted them in and just set the year to 2000
Then sync the folder
If this doesn't make sense, just ask and ill try to explain a little better.

Hope it works for you

Scott

gcpicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not the easiest solution but it works for me...
I have Windows 7 and just used the file properties to modify the date taken field for each photo. I used the date format but used a simple numbering system where the month was a category the day was the order I wanted them in and just set the year to 2000
Then sync the folder
If this doesn't make sense, just ask and ill try to explain a little better.

Hope it works for you

Scott

Scott -- This was awesome. I can now use the iPad as a PowerPoint without having to use Keynote. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this solution.

It would certainly seem like you should be able to just touch a picture and move them into place the way you can with Keynote slides, but you can't.

This was really bothering the heck out of me. A little extra work but very do-able.

Thanks again.

Greg

vbarba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
events renaming

If you tap events, you will see your photos sorted into groups by date taken, IF you have imported the photos directly from your camera.

I'm not sure you read the question fully. The question has to do with how to arrange the ORDER of the photos: yes, they appear by date taken. But his newest are showing at the bottom, and he's asking how to get the newest to appear at the top instead. In other words, how to sort in descending order, I suppose it would be called. I'm having the same problem.

In addition:
1) How do you rename an event after importing on the iPad?
2) How do you rename the album created by importing on the iPad?

anyone?

Did you get any answers to your question? This is new for me and I'm already getting frustrated.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the photo app is just for viewing, not for things like changing album names etc...
and no you cant change the sort order from the ipad.

halyava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've created a small script which makes images to be shown sorted by name in iPad.

I've put it in mass-image-property-changer - Project Hosting on Google Code

You can download executable if you don't want to install perl and staff.

Here is how it works:
  1. Copy images to specific folder
  2. Run image_change_original_dt.exe you_folder_name
  3. Syncronize the folder with iPad

As result you'll see all images in iPad as they are sorted by name. Useful for viewing manga :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I've created a small script which makes images to be shown sorted by name in iPad.

I've put it in mass-image-property-changer - Project Hosting on Google Code

You can download executable if you don't want to install perl and staff.

Here is how it works:
  1. Copy images to specific folder
  2. Run image_change_original_dt.exe you_folder_name
  3. Syncronize the folder with iPad

As result you'll see all images in iPad as they are sorted by name. Useful for viewing manga :)

You are then destroying the date info on the images. Some people do actually like to know when phones where taken.

halyava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are then destroying the date info on the images. Some people do actually like to know when phones where taken.
Yes, but if you deal with images, which are not photos, then it can be useful. I've personally used it to force iPad to show manga images in right way.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
Check out Sortshots-with this all your problems will be solved as
1.It
[FONT=&quot] is the easiest way to Sort, Sequence and Share your photographs on your ipad.
2.Whenever you'll transfer the pics to your ipad the sequence will not be changed.It will be in the same sequence as they were before on your computer.
3.You can tag your pics with personalized keywords,ratings etc.
4.You can also create slide show along with music.

;)
[/FONT]

Chibins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moving photos to albums?

My photos transfer from iTunes (Windows) to iPad just great, BUT when I open the pictres with the iPAD "Photos" application all the photos are there in one big album. I can't figure out how to get my pictures to move to different albums. Where is the "Create Album" button? Where is the "Move Picture to Album" button or the ability to drag and drop to another album. How about the "Delete" button? When I hold my finger on the pictuer all I get is "Copy". There is no "Trash Can" except for pictures taken with the iPAD itself. There is no way that I can find to manage the albums from iTunes. I have tried creating subdirectories in my Windows iTunes folders and all the pictures just import into one big honking photo album. How come there is a permanent iPAD app called "Videos" but there is nothing called "Videos" in iTunes? How do I get my videos into iPAD "Videos"? iTunes has "Movies", but "Movies" arent "Videos". In iTunes "Photos" you can check the Video box. Why is the video box in with the Photos? Apple has a major consistency problem between iTunes and the hardware.

The big thing I want to do is manage my albums. Help is very much appreciated.

Brad

Most reactions

Latest posts