What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Album Order of view

SPOLSKY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to have my albums start with the latest pics and scroll down to the oldest? Seems logical not to have to go thru all of my pics to see the most recent ones.

SPolsky

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you tap events, you will see your photos sorted into groups by date taken, IF you have imported the photos directly from your camera.

rtdunham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you tap events, you will see your photos sorted into groups by date taken, IF you have imported the photos directly from your camera.

I'm not sure you read the question fully. The question has to do with how to arrange the ORDER of the photos: yes, they appear by date taken. But his newest are showing at the bottom, and he's asking how to get the newest to appear at the top instead. In other words, how to sort in descending order, I suppose it would be called. I'm having the same problem.

In addition:
1) How do you rename an event after importing on the iPad?
2) How do you rename the album created by importing on the iPad?

anyone?

OP
S

SPOLSKY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo album order

I think the way to rectify this is to start with picasa, or "my pictures" before it's downloaded to the ipad. I run a business and don't have the time at the moment to play with it. But I'll try soon,

SPOLSKY

rvcraze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I am really surprised this thread died so quickly. I am also very interested in a resolution.
There must be a way...

Jess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am curious about changing pictures. I even uploaded them to my pc and changed the pic name just in case it went alphabetically. and i still have pics out of order.

OP
S

SPOLSKY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo album order

I guess no one at apple reads these queries.

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that reverse chronological makes no sense.
The lack of album manipulation on the device is also a shame.

click1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can't sort photos

I too have the issue of sorting my photographs on the iPad. I import them from my PC, but by default they are sorted chronologically. I can't sort them by name. This is a problem because it is very uncomfortable to be changing the orientation of the iPad everytime you have a portrait vs a landscape photograph. As a photographer, what I would like to do is be able to view all my landscape photos first and then view all of my portrait orientation photos. So my solution was to have the same prefix (eg letter a-) for all my landscape photos, while leaving the portrait photos as they are. When I sort them on my PC, I get the order that I want, ie all my landscape photos are now grouped together followed by the portrait ones. But because of the iPad limitation where photos are not sorted by name, I can't use this solution and do not have another one. Does any one out there?

Jess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so if I take all the pics off and create a new file and move them into the file in the order I want them then sync to that file. Would that work?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I agree that reverse chronological makes no sense.
The lack of album manipulation on the device is also a shame.

You guys dont see whats happening?

They got iWorks apps out already, Now there probably going to put out the iLife apps. If the normal photo app did everything what would the iPhoto app have left to advance on?

Dont get me wrong, if they put out iLife apps ill buy them for sure, (iweb, iPhoto)but i think thats why the current photo app isnt so feature rich.

Last edited:

click1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reply to Jess

I don't think that will work because iPad automatically sorts chronoligically, regardless of how you sort them on your PC.

ripcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured it out...

Went to iPhoto on my mac, went to events, clicked view, clicked sort events, clicked by date, clicked descending…. Re-synced iPad…

Most reactions

Latest posts