What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pesimistic/paranoid new iPad owners or Trolls???

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pessimistic/paranoid new iPad owners or Trolls???

I notice all the pessimistic/paranoid new iPad owners looking for things wrong with their new iPad befor they actually present themself. Is this normal or are they trolls looking to place misinformation??? It's like they go to the forum see any and all defects and then see if their iPad has these defects? Wouldn't it be more accurate if there actually was a problem, it would present itself on its own without searching all over the Internet for possible problems??? Bizarre behavior.

Last edited:

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice all the pessimistic/paranoid new iPad owners looking for things wrong with their new iPad befor they actually present themself. Is this normal or are they trolls looking to place misinformation??? It's like they go to the forum see any and all defects and then see if their iPad has these defects? Wouldn't it be more accurate if there actually was a problem, it would present itself on its own without searching all over the Internet for possible problems??? Bizarre behavior.

That's an interesting take on things certainly. I can only speak for myself here... ...whenever I order anything with an LCD display I AM paranoid that I don't get a defective one as the screen is the bit you're actually going to be staring at all the time. I didn't even notice 3 bad pixels at first, until I was using sketchbook on a white screen and then I tried to wipe what I thought was dust away, turned out to be dead pixels though. Everything else with the unit was absolutely perfect and I've just had an SMS from Apple to say that my replacement is actually being delivered tomorrow woot!!! So I'll be doing a screen check on the new one and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I think the new iPad is absolutely superb, I just want a good one. I though I'd add some clarity to my own situation- seeing as you asked - hope that helps. Ps. I think you are correct though, once one person reports a defect, it can set off a sequence of others checking to see if they have the same issue, which can bring focus to the problem on web forums. Highlighting the issue can be a good thing and a bad thing can't it? :thumbs:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The posts I've seen with complaints seem par for the course, as do the strident defenses of other buyers.

People with probs are more likely to post. That's how it goes with all products.

You might've gotten a good one, but that isn't going to improve or negate the experience of someone who got a dud.

Some buyers are going to be more critical than others when it comes to probs, too.

I've had yellow tint, backlight leaks and dead pixels on my iPads 1 and 2, and I've opted to live with them, rather than exchange or return. (Might get around to exchanging for the dead pixels later.)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think there is a spectrum. Some are legitmate owners who are worried about a defective product that is rather expensive (and I don't blame them one bit). Others are a bit OCD, though, and then I do think there may be one or two trolls in the mix...but you can never be 100% sure on the internet.

Either way, I've been giving my iPad a good shake down, cause I don't want to have regrets, even though I trust Apple enough to know if there were a serious problem there'd take care of it. Plus, I bought Applecare+. I can't be worried about dropping this thing even though experience has shown that I am a very careful person with my gadgets. Still, there is a first time to for everything.

Most reactions